Research Proposal Example
A research proposal is an article written by a student or a researcher describing the details of the assignment they anticipate carrying out. In other words, it summarizes the events of the program. Other than this, it is used to measure the significance of your project in terms of the suitability and feasibility. The purpose of the proposal is that it intends to gauge whether there will be results in your intended research paper.
The research paper proposal may, initially be not more than five pages of content containing the general idea of the proposal but can not suffice as being a binding contract. Sometimes it is used as a formality to confirm your candidature. In other instances, a detailed document of between 30-40 pages is required and is dependent on the department.
The proposal is intended to show that the candidate has done sufficient preliminary study on their topic. In addition, it should prove that the students are also able to provide additional and detailed information on the subject and the knowledge about research papers. Any form of academic writing should be accompanied by continuous consultation between the students and the department. However, below is a standard guide on writing research proposals.
• Title Page - This page captures the candidate’s personal data including; academic title, name and registration number, contact information, the institution details. Sometimes the name of the supervisor is included. The title of the study is indicated here as well and should be clear to the readers.
• Abstract - This is a one-page extended summary that focuses on the new, current and relevant aspects of the research topic. Clarity is paramount.
• Literature Review - This is a summary overview of the previous researches related to your topic. The following are done in this section:
o Refer to the main contributions of other researchers
o Mention the scope of the theory that will be used
o Exhibit the knowledge of your ideas and your understanding to the methodology
o Give the relevance of your research to the existing research
• Preparation - Provide the greatest impact of your work to the topic.
• Objective – It lists the objectives you intend to achieve through your study. This can either be theoretical or empirical but either way a candidate should be able to state the value of their work.
• Outline the Project - Gives procedure, resources and timelines that will be enough for the research papers to be a success.
• Selection of bibliography - Include your academic sources used in your study
• Writing, editing and style - Ensure that you use the style required by the faculty- you may use a research proposal example from them. Hand over your work to a friend for proofreading.
Below is a short research proposal example:
To: Eng. S.M. Bean
From: David Student
Date: 23 September 2014
Subject: Research Proposal
Proposed Research Topic: Investigation of the compressive strengths of different cement brands (a brief description provided)
Purposes: The market has lately received many cement players. The word going round is that some of the products coming to the market are below the international standards. The study seeks to verify whether the qualities of the cement brands are acceptable as per the industry requirements… (Expand further on what you seek to accomplish including any studies done in this field)
Background: (Give a description on how your research will help fulfill your purpose)
Scope: (include the time you require, resources, the region and other factors that you need to consider)
Theoretical Framework: (Explain the framework you will use)
Method: (Steps to answer your research questions)
Limitations: (challenges and conditions beyond your control)
Delimitations: (Your set boundaries)
(List all the sources used and cited)
Do not know exactly what you need?
If you have some complicated task to be handled and have doubts that we can complete it – send us your paper details and we will find the most appropriate writer for you! Without any extra charge!Evaluate